A Prank Time A Prank Time

Dude, this is nightmare fuel and I love it.

Yoshi's Island Anime Opening Yoshi's Island Anime Opening

The animation is AMAZING

Can you Diglett? Can you Diglett?

That dutch accent though :P

Riddle Transfer 2 Riddle Transfer 2

I have so much nostalgia for the riddle school series. The first time I played riddle school was back in 2007. And ever since, I've been hooked to the series!

This game, it's a perfect finale for the Riddle series. It has everything a riddle school game needs: silly logic, great dialogue, and great music (the main theme fits very well with the rest of the series).

As always, there were some parts in the game that I actually got stuck, so one time, I had to look for a walkthrough. It turned out I didn't click properly on an object- my bad :p

It's weird, but at the end I actually became sentimental about the series finally ending. I guess it's kind of like toy story 3 - you grow up with these characters you loved and the series finally comes to an end at the time you’re also beginning to mature (except that Toy Story didn't end, but I digress).

You're always saying that the 4 main characters, Phil, Phred, Smiley and Zack, are 2-dimensional. They are, really, but I personally think they don't have to be layered characters, because the series as a whole just doesn't need it. Simple gameplay and funny dialogue, that's where these games' strong points are, kind of like the Mother series in some way. (Never thought I would make that comparison…) I think the riddle school characters were just enough of a personality for people to identify with them- everyone knew a kid that loved going to school, or the one that was so bored that he falls asleep during class, or that one guy that's always too hot or cold (at least I remember them :p) I love how you actually made Zack into an even more silly character in this instalment by the way.

These little things you put into the game are the things I enjoy the most. That's why I'm always coming back to this series. I could say that this game and series as a whole was a great escape for me from reality *pun totally intended*

I want to thank you for that Jonochrome, Jonathan, Jonbro, whatever you want to be called :p Keep being awesome!

FPA: World 1 Remix FPA: World 1 Remix

This is an amazing remix of the first fancy pants. Everything feels so polished and it also runs very smooth!

A Koopa's Revenge 2 A Koopa's Revenge 2

I like it but there are some things that bug me.

Firstly, the controls aren't that precise. for example, in level 1-2 there is that secret pipe I can't get to because those dropping platforms are falling too fast.

the game is also pretty slow. AKR1 is much faster, even if I set the graphics in this game to low quality.

Sometimes I think the music doesn't really fit with each other, but hey, you use a lot of different styles and I still like it.

The graphics are also pretty good, but it kinda misses the quirkiness the first one had. Koopa is seen sideways all the time and it just looks weird. It's more robotic.

I like that shell dash mechanic but because the game has such a slow pace, it's not very useful. Maybe it's just that I haven't come so far in the game.

Overall, I think it could have been better. It surpasses his predecessor in many ways but it also falls flat in other areas.

3/5

Lambtaco responds:

They controls seem pretty precise to me. I've had a number of complaints about it. But it seems to work for the majority of users. Perhaps I should have tested on more machines.

That's odd. It's much faster on my end. Even on my old crap PC. In a trailer I made I have a fade between the old game and the new one, and he new one is visibly much faster.
Sometimes flash games are just weirdly laggy on certain machines I guess. For example I played that one game, You Only Live Once, I think it was called, on my new computer and it lagged like crazy, despite being a not so new game and working fine on my old crappy PC.

Criticism accepted on the robot thing. You're totally right. I was never completely satisfied with the run or walk cycles specifically.

The shell dash is mostly useful for getting secrets and such. Other than that it's more fun for screwing around with than being truly useful. Trouble is I couldn't make it necessary anywhere because you can't always do it.

Thanks for reviewing.

Aquatic Dream Aquatic Dream

Such a pleasure to listen to. Great as always :)

Yoshi's Island Remix Yoshi's Island Remix

They used this version in Bowser's kingdom eps 5!

Level Up Level Up

Looks a lot like Fez. I love it.

deathink responds: